We were finally able to get water to the new tee on #15 today. We have been dumping aerifing plugs on the hill behind #15 for the last couple of years. This year we got several donations to take the next step to make this possible. I was able to purchase some used heads with money donated by Jim Weidenfeller.
Today, Rich Tabloff donated his time and machine along with pipe and wire to make the project happen.
We tied into the regular tee and had to rewire the hole. The new tee adds about 25 yards, but also changes the angle to the green. It still needs some time to grow in. I plan on aerifing the tee and adding some more seed. It should be playable in about a month when we start to lower the height of cut. Don't worry, you can still play from the original tee if you choose.
We had some irrigation issues the last couple of weeks. The motor on our main pump died on us a couple of weeks ago. Here, Mark from Midwest Irrigation installed a new 50 HP motor for our main pump. It took a week for the new motor to arrive, we used only our jockey pump. Ok for the short term, but not a long term solution. I was able to pump only 175 gallons per minutes. With the big pump back up and running, we got back to 700 GPM.