Saturday, July 30, 2011

Dollar Spot and Brown Patch

Dollar Spot

Brown Patch

I was hoping to make it until Wednesday before spraying again.  I made an application this morning to stop Brown Patch and Dollar Spot that appeared.  The hot spots at Lansing CC are #9 and the putting green.  I would say that they have micro climits the favor disease.  Poor light and air circulation encourage disease.  Links style courses with few trees tend to have less disease.  This year, disease pressure has been greater than normal.  Preventative sprays that last 14 days are only making it 10 days.  For budget purposes, I leave room for a couple sprays like this.  If we go back to normal temps the rest of the year, it would really help the situation.  These spots should heal up in the next couple of weeks.  If they don't, I'll add some seed at aerifing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment