We were able to complete the back nine tees on Thursday. We will take a week off and finish the front nine the week of the 16th. We generally do the back nine first because the front side has more issues with tree roots from trees planted close to tees. This usually results in broken tines that need to be replaced. With leagues, outings and a small staff, we spread this process out. Jose and I start the aerifing and the crew joins up in the clean up as they finish their morning tasks. Our goal is to finish the day in 8 hours.
After mowing the tee we used our Toro aerifier. We used 1/2 tines at a depth of 3 to 4 inches.
After allowing time to dry, we use a metal drag mat to break up the cores.
We then blow off the left over thatch, clean up any debris, and turn on water. This process goes best when you have a sunny, slightly breezy day. Thursday was cloudy, so the drying process took an extra couple of hours. With continued warm temps, the holes should recover in a week or 2.