A couple of weeks ago, we planted 8 trees to start replacing the ash trees that are infected with Emerald Ash Borer. I plan on buying 8 more next week. This is possible with member donations. A variety of trees have been chosen including oak, pear, and maple.
Over the last week, the crew was busy finishing up flower beds. We are trying Vinca this year in many of the beds.
On Monday, we gave the greens a light topdressing. The sand was dragged in. That night we got an inch of rain and we were able to mow in the morning.
Our golf pro/manager has been working on a brick paver walkway. Our grounds department did most of the digging, moving of gravel and sand while Scott did the tamping and installation of the brick pavers. After he finishes up the brick pavers, we will clean up, add sod and some shrubbery. We hope to get more weddings when finished.